Take advantage of Valentines Day falling on a Sunday to take the weekend off from selling or buying your home and spend time with the kids or grandkids creating these fun and surprisingly simply heart filled cupcakes! They’ll love the end result and you’ll relish the special time (that can get pushed aside when selling or buying a home) with those special little people who love nothing more than spending time with you! Create…Bake….Laugh….Enjoy!!
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract With Other Natural Flavors, divided
- 24 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy creamPreheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter to medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the raspberry flavor and red food color. Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Reserve remaining batter.
Bake 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut out 12 heart shapes with 1-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Set aside.
Stir vanilla into reserved batter. Pour 1/2 off the batter evenly into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Press 1 cake heart vertically into center of each muffin cup. Pour remaining batter over top. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until top of cupcake is set. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Recipe by: McCormick Foods